Saturday, June 7, 2008

Califoneyuh Day 1 & 2: Part 2

Day 2 was our first real day in California. I was feeling kind of sick, with symptoms similar to a mild head cold. That was unfair, being that I’m on vacation and all. We decided to venture out anyway in search of adventure and fun. So we went to the Camarillo outlet mall.

Alice and Anna were in pursuit of cute dresses, I in pursuit of jeans. Both pursuits were accomplished at a reasonable price. We then moved on to the American Apparel outlet, where I found a shirt and hoodie to complete an outfit built specifically around a rather silly and loud pair of shoes I bought recently. During our stay at the outlet mall, I saw a man in a Prius speeding through the parking lot and come to a sudden halt in front of a pregnant woman pushing a stroller. He screamed at her to move out of the way, to which she responded with a laugh and a middle finger. I gave her the thumbs up and she smiled.

After our trip to Camarillo, we decided we were hungry. Alice drove us to Café Aroma in Newbury Park, a favorite of ours. I got a turkey and avocado sandwich, Alice got cobb salad, and Anna, true to form, got a bagel with cream cheese.

I took a nap when we got home because I was feeling like utter crap. I listened to a Flying Saucer Attack record to put me to sleep, which, through my half sleep haze, I could hear Alice and Anna ask each other confusedly how I can possibly fall asleep to it. Once, I was listening to that same record at home and Lena came into the room asking me if I was vacuuming.

I woke up, did some reading, some Snooding, and some sitting. We ate a wonderful meal of rice and lentils with cold onions, pita, and salad. After dinner, the four of us youngins went to Westlake to see the Sex and the City movie, which was funny, but not always intentionally. Most of it was cheesy as all hell. Oh, it was long too. Really long. Two and a half hours long.

No comments: